The COST Action ‘Decolonising Development: Research, Teaching and Practice’ welcome applications for the role of a
Virtual Networking Support (VNS) Manager
We are looking for an organized, structured and reliable individual, who is proficient and confident with virtual tools and formats (especially blog, videos and podcasts), and prepared to dedicate time to the Action on a regular basis.
The activities to be performed by the successful applicant include, but are not limited to:
- developing a virtual networking strategy for the Action
- coordinating the call, evaluation process and coordination of Virtual Mobility grants
- supporting the Core Group, Management Committee and Working Group leaders in the planning of virtual events and collaboration activities, especially with regard to the Action’s Blog, Videos and Podcasting
- assisting in the selection of hosts for online events, as well as the preparation and coordination of events (including the analysis of technical needs)
- overseeing the Action’s most appropriate virtual tools for online activities (e.g. for webinar, virtual conference, podcast)
- assisting WG leaders in organising minutes, materials and videos produced by the groups, to be stored in the project platform
- drafting at the end of the grant period a report to be approved by the MC.
We expect a time investment of the successful applicant of 10-15hrs/week, which can be flexibly allocated according to Action needs and activity schedule. The term ends on 31 October 2021.
A financial compensation of 4.000€ will be paid after the MC has approved the grantee’s final report, which shall be submitted no later than 14 November 2021.
The following eligibility criteria apply:
Applicants are Action participants with a primary affiliation to an institution located in a COST Full or Cooperating Member country.
Neither the COST Association nor the Grant Holder institution shall be considered as being the grantee’s employer, who shall make their own provisions related to personal security, health, taxation, social security and pension matters.
The grantee must also ensure they have the required technical material equipment and infrastructure to carry out the activities proposed in their application to the grant.
Please submit your application until 30 June 2021, 23:59 CET in e-COST, including the following information:
- Your CV
- A description of how the COST Action can benefit from developing virtual network activities, with a focus on progress towards the MoU objectives and deliverables and stakeholder engagement.
- A proposal for the strategy outline on virtual networking, including an approach for coordinating Virtual Mobility Grants by: a) opening calls and managing the evaluation process, b) supporting and advising beneficiaries of the Virtual Mobility Grants.
For any questions please contact the Action chair Dr Julia Schöneberg (Julia.firstname.lastname@example.org).Recommend0 recommendationsPublished in News